Keep little hands busy while nurturing their young minds.
Hands-on House, Children's Museum of Lancaster is a nonprofit educational center dedicated to providing interactive learning opportunities for all children and their families. Self-directed exhibits and programs stimulate curiosity and invite the joy of discovery through play!
The museum is designed for adults and children, ages 2-10, to learn and play together. Our philosophy of childhood learning is simple: it lasts longer if it’s more fun, and it’s more fun if it includes doing.
Please note, due to COVID-19 the museum currently operating with limited based on capacity. Pre-registration is encouraged for all admissions.
Hands-on House Exhibits
- Little Valley Farm - There’s so much to do – and learn – on the farm! Pick apples – and sort them by color. Collect eggs – and count a dozen. Use a pulley to haul up bales into the hayloft. And don’t forget to check the engine and gas up the big blue tractor!
- Little Valley Farm Market – We’ve “fresh”ened up! Stocked with goodies almost good enough to eat, our new market area is true to our Lancaster County “roots” and “ripe” with opportunities for learning. Browse buckets of beautiful flowers, stock up on a rainbow of fruits and vegetables, and order a sandwich to go… then practice counting and addition as you check out at the register.
- STEM Lab – The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and Art tabletop educational activities (formerly housed in our Clubhouse classroom) are now available in our new STEM Lab on the main exhibit floor whenever the museum is open.
- Construction Co. – Design and build with Big Green Blocks and Rigamajig, a collection of wooden planks, wheels, pulleys, nuts, bolts, and rope meant to engage the inquisitive mind and creative spirit of children. This simple set of parts combines imagination with invention, and allows children – and adults – to work collaboratively to construct something life-size! Enjoy plenty of free play with more fun, unique building materials.
- Amazing Airways –A maze of clear plastic tubing more than 13 feet high filling the back wall of the museum, this pneumatic sculpture lets children experience the properties — and incredible power — of moving air. Observe objects whoosh and whizz through the tubes. Compare how materials move differently. Experiment with redirecting the airflow.
- Mason's Active Adventure Garden - Mason’s Active Adventure Garden gives active imaginations space to learn and play. Featuring a colorful play structure for climbing and sliding, plus flower bushes and paths, a dry rock riverbed, a pretend “shipwreck” and giant percussion instruments, the adventure garden is bursting with discovery opportunities!
Daily Admission Prices
Children 2-10 $11
Hands-on House (map & directions)
721 Landis Valley Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
The Fine Print: Expires 6 months from date purchased
Limit 1 per customer. Merchant will follow gift certificate state laws. Offer not valid for store credit or cashback. One certificate per household. Certificate cannot be used with any other certificate, coupon, special, or promotion. Promotional value expires six (6) months after purchase. Paid value never expires. Offer only valid at Hands-on House Children's Museum, Lancaster, PA.